Oh, if they made me the decision-maker for the Kansas City Chiefs, here is what I would do.
- It would win.
- It would be revolutionary.
- It would be exciting.
Some would hate it. Most would LOVE it. ALL would watch it. I’d sure love to see it.
The Kansas City Chiefs in 2013:
- GM: Marty Schottenheimer
- Head Coach: Brian Billick
- Offensive Coordinator: Josh McDaniels
- Defensive Coordinator: Rex Ryan
- Offensive Game Plan: The “Te-Vick”
- Starting QB: Michael Vick
- FB/QB: Tim Tebow
- RB: Jamaal Charles
- 1st Round: O-Lineman
- 2nd Round: O-Lineman
- 3rd Round: Wide Receiver
- 4th Round: Big Running Back
- 5th Round: O-Lineman
- 6th Round: Tight End
- 7th Round: Fullback
The “Te-Vick” Offense:
The “Te-Vick” Offense = a nightmare for opposing defensive coordinators. A run-based offense of ground and pound running game with the backfield featuring Vick, Tebow and either Charles or a Fullback.
- Jumbo package on the field 70% of the time
- Multiple snap options at all times
- Tebow or Vick can go in motion
- Tebow doubles as a FB to run or block for Jamaal Charles
- Play-action and bootleg options for Vick
- Screens to Tebow/Charles
- Outlet passes to Tebow/Charles
- Bowe and New Receiver stretch field for long gains
A few thoughts on this game plan:
- No one is built to stop this type of attack anymore in today’s pass-happy NFL.
- No one will adjust their defensive personnel to stop just ONE TEAM on their schedule.
- Teams will HATE playing us because we’re physical.
- Defensive personnel are predominantly lighter, faster guys who are drafted for their speed and ability to cover receivers will get bulldozed and will start to wish they were somewhere else at about the 3:00 mark in the 3rd Quarter.
- Interest and Media Coverage would be INTENSE.
- If the first year is a sour one, then use our high draft pick in 2014 on Johnny ‘Football’ Manziel.
Clark Hunt, here is your winning plan. It wins. It is relevant. Fans will love it. Jerseys and merchandise will sell like hotcakes. Arrowhead will once again be the biggest and best BBQ party on the planet.
I can almost smell it!
Thanks for your time.
Future President of Football Operations
Kansas City Chiefs