Dear Reader, From wherever my sister Laurel learned about the “Attitude of Gratitude”, I have to share some of the wisdom.
No matter that the economy is down, or things are tough, or you had a bad day. Our problems are largely not that we have it so bad – but that our perspective is skewed.
This never fails to help me smile and be more grateful for all that I have been blessed with. But seriously, start thinking of all of the great things that the Lord gave you. There are plenty. Write them down. List them. Start with your health.
Had a bad day? Need to put your mind at ease so that you can rest? Try a Gratitude Journal (thank you Laurel, again). Its easy. Just write down at least five things that you are grateful for at the end of the day as you are going to bed. It could be anything!
- I’m grateful that I made it home safe today.
- I’m grateful that I had something to eat today.
- I’m grateful that this day is OVER.
- I’m grateful for the ability to help others.
- I’m grateful to have a roof over my head as I lay down to sleep.
Chances are, if you are able to read this blog post, then you have at least five things that you can list in a Gratitude Journal.
Give it a try! It has helped me many times.